International Undergraduate Twinning Program - Communication Design
International Graduate Diploma in Communication Design
DURATION: 4 years (8 semesters)
+ B.Sc. Visual Communication Degree
NUMBER OF SEATS: 20
ELIGIBILITY: + 2 or equivalent and NICC Entrance Exam pass (Aptitude Test + Portfolio Evaluation + Interview)
PROGRAM FEES: Rs.2,55,500/- per year
For full fees details & breakup, please see the last page of the Application Form
- Print Media Design & Illustration
- UI / UX Design
- Advertising Design (Print and Outdoor, Moving Media, Digital Media)
- Packaging Design ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Students are enrolled in two programs simultaneously, therefore the program results in two qualifications in four years time:
1) International Graduate Diploma In Communication Design - NICC is a Member-Affiliate of ELIA, The European League of Institutes of the Arts. NICC teaching curriculum is in accordance with international standards, and its students are accepted around the globe for higher education in the world's most elite Design Colleges. This Diploma with the Portfolio it provides, is the platform to elite careers with Indian Industries & MNCs.
2) B.Sc. Visual Communication Degree - issued by Bharathiar University, Coimbatore - U.G.C. recognized
For more details of National & International validity of qualifications and their significance, please see the Affiliations page.
Academic year at NICC is divided into semesters, which are further divided into academic quarters. Every quarter consists of lecture periods and lecture + project periods, during which students are engaged in projects which are a direct opportunity of applying what is taught and learned in a given quarter. Evaluation, therefore, takes place four times in a year, at the end of each quarter. This structure helps students to systematically build their portfolio of work, as the first prerequisit to enter the professional market.
The program provides close interaction and guidance through theory lectures, practical assignments, and projects, all of which build a quality portfolio of work at the end of the program, empowering the student to enter the job market or pursue higher studies abroad or in India.
First year - Foundation year: Common for all undergraduate programs. Students are exposed to a gamut of creative disciplines / subjects / modules ensuring a focused, relevant knowledge spectrum forming the foundation of the program. This enables the student to experience a variety of creative domains and understand the interdisciplinary nature of Design. Students are engaged in theory and practical classes, assignments, and projects in:
- Principles of Design
- Form and Materials
- Art (drawing, painting, sculpting)
- History of Art and Design
- Basic Photography and Image Processing
- Film & Video
- Fundamentals of 3D Modeling and Animation
- Graphic Design
- Fundamentals of Interaction Design (Game and Toy Design)
- Print Design: Publication Design
- Packaging Design: Shelf Impact and Re-branding
- Instructional Design: Use of Multimedia in Learning (Print, Digital Application, Moving Media)
- Web Design
- Advertising Campaign (Print and Outdoor)
- Advertising in Retail
- Mobile Application Design
- Experience Design
- Advertising Campaign (Moving Media)
Fourth year: focus on industry subspecialization within Communication Design via Industry Projects. Portfolio finalization.
Internships and job placements are on individual basis provided to deserving students with Ad Agencies, Design and IT Companies, and Design Studios in India. Some of these companies and organizations include Ogilvy, Mudra, Spenta Multimedia, EMC2, Global Delight, Pearl Pet, SCPL Design, Idiom Design and Consulting, and others. Please see Placement page for the list of companies of past NICC placements.