International Professional Diploma in Animation & Motion Graphics
WALKTHROUGHS | 3D ANIMATIONS | MOTION GRAPHICS
ABOUT THE COURSE :
1-YEAR PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA COURSE : IPDIP ANIMATION &, MOTION GRAPHICS IPDIP="International Professional Diploma"
NICC Courses are approved by the Directorate of Collegiate Education, Govt. of Karnataka.
This course is compatible with ELIA coleges abroad. See Affiliations Page.
This course is a Skill-Enhancement program aimed at creating immediate employability.
Eligibility : Open Eligibility. NICC Aptitude Test ( NICCAT ) Not Required Duration : 1 Year Fees : ₹ 1.9 Lakhs Hostel if required : Single Room + Food - ₹ 1.2 K; Shared Room + Food - ₹ 95 K
Installment Plans Available Student Loans Available
See Infrastructure page for Hostel Details
See Admissions Page and Call NICC Admissions Office ( +91-89049 69002 +91-96205 98006 ) for guidance :
The "Avatar" Professional Career Program: Empowering Students for Hi-Tech Careers in Elite Professions (See below) A UNIQUE HIGH-LEVEL PROGRAM WITH GLOBAL OPPORTUNITIES. A "FIRST IN INDIA"
This Course is meant for those who wish to enter high-demand highly-paid specialist jobs in Product Design, Gaming, Interior Design, Architecture, VR & AR & Production Houses for T.V. & Film
Foundations in Maya, Unity & other Standard Industry Software
Advanced 3D SFX & VFX in Lightwave * (The "Avatar" Movie software) VR & AR in UNITY 3D, ZBrush
*About Lightwave :
Lightwave is the program which was used by Rob Powers (The VFX Director of the film, "Avatar".)
NICC is the only College that has a full course in Lightwave !
SYLLABUS Semester 1a (Foundation):
- Theory and History of Art, Film and CGI,
- Applied Fine-Arts: Traditional Illustration, Sculpting, Drawing in 2D and 3D (Perspective),
- Introduction to Computer Arts and CGI Technologies,
- Essentials of Digital Photography and Cinematography,as applied to 3D and Mixed Composites,
- Concepts of Modeling and Animation,
- Introduction to software platforms,
- and Motion Graphics tools including integrated platforms in current use for animated / mixed television and feature film.
Semester 1b (Modeling):
- Choices and options in modeling methods,
- Approach to Inorganic Modeling,
- Splines and Polygons,
- Precision Modeling and Modeling from Blueprints,
- Application of Dynamics in Modeling,
- Approach to Organic Modeling,
- Human, Biped and Quadruped Anatomy for Modelers,
- Emotions and their Physical Expression,
- Modeling Conforming Clothes and Hair,
Semester 2a (Rigging and Animation):
- Rigging for organic and inorganic models,
- Forward and Inverse Kinematics,
- Defining and Controlling Joint Functions,
- Target Deformation,
- The 11 Classic Principles of Animation,
- Walk Cycles,
- Cameras: Angles, Focal Lengths and Distances,
- Depth of Field & Multiple Cameras,
Semester 2b (Texturing, Compositing, Editing, VFX, SFX, Sound):
- Advanced Texturing,
- Advanced Lighting,
- SFX and VFX,
- AR (Augmented Reality) & VR (Virtual Reality),
- 3D Film-Making
- Cross-Platform integration,
- Speech and Lip-Synching,
- Compositing with live footage,
- Post-Production and Editing,
- Game-Character Design,
- Sound-Tracks and Sound Editing,
- Portfolio finalization,
- Internship / Placement program,
PLACEMENT Internships and job placements are on individual basis provided to deserving students with
Animation and Film Production Houses, Architecture and Product Design Studios, and Design Studios in India.
Some of these companies and organizations include Zynga, Freshdesk, NID Bangalore, Cognizant,
Byjus Classes (Think and Learn Div.), and others. Please see Placement page for the list of companies of past NICC placements.