MAIN TOPICS OF THE SYLLABUS
First year - Foundation year:
Common for all undergraduate programs.
Students are exposed to a gamut of creative disciplines / subjects / modules ensuring a focused, relevant knowledge spectrum forming the foundation of the program.
This enables the student to experience a variety of creative domains and understand the interdisciplinary nature of Design.
Students are engaged in theory and practical classes, assignments, and projects in:
- Principles of Design
- Form and Materials
- Art (drawing, painting, sculpting)
- History of Art and Design
- Basic Photography and Image Processing
- Film & Video
- Fundamentals of 3D Modeling and Animation
- Graphic Design
- Fundamentals of Interaction Design (Game and Toy Design)
- Print Design: Publication Design
- Packaging Design: Shelf Impact and Re-branding
- Instructional Design: Use of Multimedia in Learning (Print, Digital Application, Moving Media)
- Web Design
- Advertising Campaign (Print and Outdoor)
- Advertising in Retail
- Mobile Application Design
- Experience Design
- Advertising Campaign (Moving Media)
Fourth year: focus on industry subspecialization within Communication Design via Industry Projects. Portfolio finalization.
Internships and job placements are on individual basis provided to deserving students with Ad Agencies, Design and IT Companies, and Design Studios in India. Some of these companies and organizations include Ogilvy, Mudra, Spenta Multimedia, EMC2, Global Delight, Pearl Pet, SCPL Design, Idiom Design and Consulting, and others. Please see Placement page for the list of companies of past NICC placements.